1) Water tower: The tower was built around 1950 as part of the regional water scheme serving the area.
2) River Inny: The River Inny is over 50km in length and connects Lough Sheelin in Co. Cavan to Lough Ree on the River Shannon.
3) The Mills: There were two mills where the apartment buildings now stand, the six story mill was built in 1839 by Henry Bevan Slator, it was used by Guinness in the 1890’s.
4) Castle: Muris O’Farrell built the castle in 1401, near the doctors surgery.
5) Former Police Station: This was a Royal Irish Constabulary barracks until 1920, when it was attacked during the War of Independence.
6) St Catherine’s Church: This Church of Ireland church was probably built in the 1790’s.
7) Masonic Hall: The freemasons lodge was built in 1850.
8) Former Hotel: Now a private building, this was the Shuldham Arms Hotel in the 1920’s.
9) Former Goldsmith’s residence: The location of the house once occupied by the renowned poet Oliver Goldsmith (1728-1774).
10) John Nally’s Yard: A stable yard were horses, animals and vehicles could be kept or hired and where stabling was provided.
11) Community Library: The library occupies the market house and former courthouse for the district, which was opened in 1826. Commissioned by John Shuldham, the landlord of the town, it was designed by Samuel Mullen.
12) Site of Bishop’s house: The residence of the Bishop of Ardagh and Clonmacnoise. The Bishop lived there from 1788- 1853.
13) St Matthew’s Church: The Catholic Parish church opened in 1906, built on the site of an earlier church built circa 1780.
14) Dean Egan Library: This building opened in 1930 as a public library; endowed in the memory of Dean Peter Egan. It now houses the local community centre.
15) Scout’s Den: Originally the local national school, now used as the Scout’s Den.